Veterinary Nurse, Pet Intensive Care Unit – Underwood, Brisbane
Pet Intensive Care Unit (PICU) is one of Australia’s leading emergency and critical care referral specialist centres. The hospital is equipped with full in-house laboratory including blood gas analysis, digital X-Ray, ultrasound, endoscopy and on site access to MRI. PICU provides world class treatment for critical patients.
Our experienced team of veterinarians, veterinary technicians, nurses and support team members are committed to delivering high quality veterinary medicine and gold standard patient care.
We are expanding our nursing team and have casual positions available at our Brisbane hospital in Underwood. We are seeking experienced and motivated nurses who wish to expand their skills or are seeking a high-level nursing role, with the flexibility over 24 hour, 7 days a week (including public holidays) practice offers.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Performing specialised, high quality veterinary nursing care for hospital and critical patients (acute and chronic cases). The case load is very varied and includes, but is not limited to, severe trauma, complex medical and surgical cases, and life support.
- To develop excellent relationships with both clients (case updates) and veterinarians.
- To work within the PICU department as a team member providing advanced diagnostics and treatment.
- To ensure the hospital offers excellent customer service to its clients and optimum care to the patient.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing and 4 years nursing experience is essential.
- Experience and a keen interest in performing high quality veterinary nursing care for critical patients (acute and chronic cases).
- Demonstrated Emergency Nursing experience in severe trauma and complex medical and surgical cases.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of mechanical ventilation.
- A passion for providing excellent patient care and a drive for continuing education
- Outstanding relationship building skills and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- The ability to do shift work spanning across week nights, early mornings, weekends and public holidays.
Rarely in this industry do you have the opportunity to work in such rapidly growing, one-of-a kind, purpose-built facility, with a wide variety of high quality equipment.
You will become part of an energised team receiving regular formal and on-the-job training to ensure diverse and best practice skill sets.
A competitive remuneration package is offered based upon experience and skill level.
If you are a highly motivated person, you work well as part of a team, with an interest in emergency and critical care please email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number UWIC1709. Please advise in your covering letter your availability to work shifts that are rostered across week nights, early mornings, weekends and public holidays.