The Animal Emergency Service (AES) see hundreds of cats and dogs come through their doors each week. However, one afternoon they admitted two-month-old Ducksie after he had mistaken a stocking for a worm.

Ducksie had eaten the majority of the stocking before his owners found him.

His quick-thinking owners tied the remained of the stocking into a knot to prevent Ducksie from eating any more of the stocking before rushing him to AES.

Thankfully, the AES team was able to extract the stocking and save Ducksie from near death.

Article originally posted as ‘Underwood Animal Emergency Service vet tells of pet duck’s lucky escape’

Find the full story on News.com.au here

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!