Permanent Part-Time (minimum 25 hours per week)
Due to recent growth within our organisation and nursing teams, we are seeking two highly motivated and experienced nurses to become Assistant Nurse Managers at our Underwood or Jindalee hospitals. If you’re looking for the next step in your career…this could be the opportunity for you!
Our teams have grown to a level where our Nurse Manager needs support both on and off the floor at our Brisbane practices. This position would suit someone who wishes to build upon their leadership experience to inspire, mentor and assist in managing a team of extraordinary nurses within our practice. While you will have ample opportunity to develop your leadership skills, you will also be supported through this change with extra training and mentorship provided where needed.
Animal Emergency Service aims to provide the highest quality emergency veterinary care of animals when they need it. We are committed to working as a team to deliver positive results for our clients and patients, as well as learning from each other and having fun in the process! We have built a reputation for excellence and we are now looking for new leaders to enhance our growing Veterinary Nursing team.
Main responsibilities relevant for this role include (on-top of normal clinical shifts):
- Assist the Nurse Manager with the implementation and compliance of new and existing company policies.
- Assist with roster co-ordination.
- Lead clinical shifts as a Shift Supervisor.
- Involvement in conflict management and resolution processes.
- Assist in ensuring ongoing compliance with all relevant legislation, including Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Assist with the recruitment, training and development of Nurses.
- Monitor performance and assist with performance management/development within the Nursing team.
- Administration tasks as required.
The successful applicant must be driven, passionate about emergency nursing, show initiative and have a vision to advance a nursing team to achieve the next level in all areas of the profession. You will be qualified with a Cert IV or Bachelor of Vet Tech and have a minimum of 5 years nursing experience. As a leader, it will be extremely important to have a genuine passion for people as well as animals, be confident in developing relationships in a positive manner and working cohesively as a team. You must also have flexibility to work weekends, weekdays, nights and public holidays. If this sounds like you, please apply below.
This is an opportunity to work as part of a caring ang enthusiastic team while developing a career in Management with a supportive environment. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number UWANM1909 and include:
- Your resume
- Covering letter addressing the above-mentioned criteria and the role you are applying for (Underwood or Jindalee)
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!