Harvey the Tabby: Paralysis Tick

Harvey the Tabby: Paralysis Tick

One Saturday evening tabby cat Harvey began wheezing and meowing ever so strangely. On Sunday morning, he appeared to have difficulty breathing and was uninterested in food. By Sunday evening, worried owner Dennis noticed that he hadn’t moved all day, collapsed...
Ruby Eats a Sewing Needle

Ruby Eats a Sewing Needle

What would cause a normally calm and mild-tempered puppy to start yelping, screaming and crying out of the blue and cowering away from her family? Ruby’s unusual behaviour was later explained at our Carrara clinic when a sharp foreign object was found lodged deep...
Bullie’s Story: Bones and a Bottle Cap

Bullie’s Story: Bones and a Bottle Cap

One morning, Bullie’s owners found little their 15-week-old Bull Terrier snacking on a cooked rib bone. Suddenly, he swallowed it whole, in one gulp! The family rushed him to Animal Emergency Service immediately. Dr Brooke quickly took x-rays to see if the bone...
Sushi: The Importance of Regular Vet Checks

Sushi: The Importance of Regular Vet Checks

Meet Sushi, a fierce young feline with a gorgeous coat of fur and a perfectly scrumptious name. Sushi visited her vet for a routine dental and groom. Being a young adult cat, she was seemingly healthy and normal as one would expect. Thankfully she has regular vet...
Flip’s Stick Injury – Dangerous Dog Toys

Flip’s Stick Injury – Dangerous Dog Toys

Playing a fun game of fetch with your best friend is one of life’s simple pleasures and not one you’d expect to end in the emergency hospital. It may still come as a surprise to some dog owners to hear that as well as being a choking hazard, sticks can cause severe...