How Leo the Cavoodle overcame a car accident

How Leo the Cavoodle overcame a car accident

Meet Leo, he’s a happy-go-lucky Cavoodle who always has a smile on his face. That is until one day when Leo was brought to Animal Emergency Service Jindalee in devastatingly bad shape after being hit by a car. Dr Deeanna Ho admitted and examined...
LJ the Russian Blue and the gladiolus flower

LJ the Russian Blue and the gladiolus flower

LJ, the 2-year-old Russian Blue, was rushed to the Animal Emergency Service Gold Coast hospital collapsing at home. The culprit? Earlier in the day, he had ingested a small piece of gladiolus flower – a toxic plant for cats.   Many flowers can be toxic to cats...
Lucca’s Paralysis Tick Survival Story

Lucca’s Paralysis Tick Survival Story

Lucca is one lucky little pup who just wouldn’t give up. One Thursday evening, Lucca wasn’t quite himself when he became wobbly on his back legs. His quick-thinking owners checked him all over and found a paralysis tick on his leg. They removed the tick and jumped in...
Teddy Bear was in trouble

Teddy Bear was in trouble

We met Teddy Bear, the German Shepherd puppy, after his owners noticed he had been feeling unwell for days, gradually becoming weaker after bouts of vomiting.  The usually spritely German Shepherd was admitted to Animal Emergency Service Jindalee and assessed on the...
Top 4 Beach Dangers for Dogs

Top 4 Beach Dangers for Dogs

1. Salt Water Toxicity Salt toxicity or hypernatremia (excessive body sodium)  occurs when there is too much sodium in the blood. This Electrolyte (or body salt) imbalance occurs when there is excessive sodium in the body, or possibly a decrease in body water. How...
Zen’s Tetanus Scare

Zen’s Tetanus Scare

It’s not easy to predict when things can turn for the worst – as Carly, the owner of 7-year-old Bull Terrier, Zen, found out. Just ten days earlier, Carly had taken her doggy to her regular vet clinic with an infected swollen left paw. However, even after being...