Wrong catch of the day

Wrong catch of the day

Anglers are being urged not to leave their hooks lying around after a beloved family pet was injured after swallowing one on a walk. Channel 7 News recently followed the story of poor Henry who swallowed a discarded hook before being rushed to Animal Emergency Service...
Many pets receiving treatment after Christmas

Many pets receiving treatment after Christmas

Channel 7 News saw first hand how busy the holiday period can be for vets. Here at Animal Emergency Service in Carrara, we saw a major increase in cases over the Christmas and New Year’s period. See the full report on 7News’ Facebook page here
Unlucky pup swallows fishing hook

Unlucky pup swallows fishing hook

Henry the Cavoodle is lucky to be alive after swallowing a discarded fish hook thrown over the fence in a suspected baiting attempt. The poor pup was rushed to the Animal Emergency Service hospital in Tanawha on New Years Day. Luckily the AES team was able to safely...
Inside Animal Emergency Service’s Gold Coast Hospital

Inside Animal Emergency Service’s Gold Coast Hospital

The Gold Coast Bulletin paid a visit to our Carrara hospital for an exclusive look behind the scenes, this is what they saw. As the fireworks announce the start of 2019, vets and nurses at one of the nation’s busiest emergency animal clinics brace for the onslaught...
New Year’s Eve preparation for your pets

New Year’s Eve preparation for your pets

New Year’s Eve may be a time for celebration, but animal experts have urged people to keep their furry friends in mind on December 31. Animal Emergency Service Underwood director Dr Alex Hynes says the holiday season is one of the most dangerous for pets, with...
Keep your pets away from tinsel this holiday season

Keep your pets away from tinsel this holiday season

We all know how our furry friends like to play with anything shiny. This is especially evident when the holiday season comes around. While it is fun to watch your pets play with the Christmas bobbles or the tinsel it can be quite dangerous. One curious cat was brought...