Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast
Full-time or Part-Time
Do you want to kick start your career and learn in a supportive and encouraging environment?
Or do you feel like a career change and would like to see what the Emergency world is like?
Come and see what there is on offer at Animal Emergency Service!
Animal Emergency Service (AES) is one of Australia’s leading emergency and critical care referral specialist centers. Our practices have multiple locations around South-East Queensland in Brisbane, Gold Coast, and the Sunshine Coast! No matter where you choose, you will find a bustling and vibrant social scene, amazing beaches and spectacular hiking tracks all along the coast!
Due to continual growth within the hospital, we are now on the lookout for experienced full-time or part-time Emergency Veterinarian to join the team. For some people, transitioning to an emergency career can be daunting to think about, however, our team makes this a smooth process, with support and training provided for all our team members.
We have dedicated Senior Veterinary teams for clinical support on and off the floor 24hrs a day, with all the equipment and resources needed to support best practice medicine and ongoing professional development.
Although clinical standards mean everything to us, we recognise that everyone needs a break. Social functions and time off to attend conferences are all important facets of life at AES. We are looking for vets who want to join our ‘family’ because a position at Animal Emergency Service is more than just a job!
AES has a dedicated ‘Accelerate’ training program to introduce vets into emergency practice as well as a tailored veterinary development program to help develop skills in consultation, emergency medicine, surgery, and critical care. This allows you to become confident with handling any case with the support of your colleagues never far away.
After 3 years at AES, you should be ready to pass the ANZVCS membership exam and further training and support are available for this.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive remuneration package that is commensurate with skills and experience.
- Access to practical training programs and ongoing clinical support.
- Support in attaining good work-life balance.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program to help you thrive in your career and personal life.
- Challenging and satisfying career opportunities.
- A workplace that genuinely cares about its employees and strives for continual improvement.
- Free onsite parking, access to staff discounts and social events.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a Veterinarian. However, candidates with exceptional communication skills and less experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Passion for Emergency and Critical Care Medicine.
- Candidates with MANZCVS qualifications and other training in veterinary critical care are highly encouraged to apply although it is not a required pre-requisite.
- Have the ability to work across nights, weekends and public holidays.
Our team and our focus on continual development are the life-blood of AES and we would love to be part of your career journey. Emergency vet work isn’t the career for everyone, but three years with us will set you up for wherever you want to go. Please contact our team on (07) 3193 8991 for more information, to visit the practice, or to speak with any of the AES vets about their experiences.
To express your interest in any of the positions above, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the reference number AEAVET1907 and tell us which practice you’d love to become a part of.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!