After spending a week in the Pet Intensive Care Unit at Animal Emergency Service Henri, the kelpie cross who survived a house fire, was given the all-clear to return to her family Friday morning.

On being able to reunite Henri with her 12-year-old owner Dr Alex Hynes said, “It was an incredible moment to reunite (her) with the boy who had lost everything”.

Henri suffered severe injuries from the fire. She had been fighting to breathe and was dependent on oxygen, sustained eye ulcers from the smoke, and was in shock.

Members of the community and Logan House Fire Support Network have rallied behind the family in supporting them.

 

Full article originally posted on The Courier-Mail website as “Henry the dog miraculously survived a house fire to almost die from smoke inhalation” on August 17, 2019.

 

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!