Human Resource Assistant (unpaid work experience)
5- 10 hours per week for approx. 3 months
Animal Emergency Australia (AEA) is a busy and progressive group of Veterinary practices that provide after-hours care to pets and wildlife. We have practices located at Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Perth, operating 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
This is an excellent opportunity for a current Human Resources (HR) student to gain experience in the industry!
You will need to be confident in speaking to all levels of stakeholders, with an excellent phone manner and admirable attitude to work. If you want a varied environment learning alongside our supportive and interactive Human Resources Team to provide an exceptional HR service, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Learning about and assisting with our recruitment and selection, including correspondence management, referee checks and organising interviews.
- HR database management.
- Assist with policy research, development and reviews.
- Administration support.
- Represent the company in a professional manner when speaking to candidates and internal/external stakeholders.
Skills and Experience required:
- Studying towards a HR/Business qualification.
- Strong computer skills – proficient knowledge in the Microsoft Suite including, Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with the ability to make considered decisions and be self-motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Drivers Licence.
If you want to be a part of an organisation where you can make a difference and develop your HR experience, this role is for you.
Please submit your application by emailing email@example.com (or clicking on the application form below), quoting Reference ID AEHR1911 and include:
- Your resume
- Covering letter no longer than one page addressing the above-mentioned criteria and your availability preferences.