Henri, the dog that miraculously survived a house fire is making a remarkable recovery, with vets expecting her to be able to go home in a few days.

After surviving a house fire on the weekend Henri was admitted to Animal Emergency Service’s Pet Intensive Care Unit, where there were initial concerns she might not pull through.

Dr Alex Hynes said Henri had been fighting to breathe due to extreme smoke inhalation and was dependent on oxygen. Henri was also being given eye drops every hour due to the ulcers in both eyes caused by the smoke.

Henri is now on the road to recovery with Dr Hynes saying she is breathing easier and walking around.

 

Full article originally posted on The Courier-Mail website as “Loganholme house fire: ‘Miracle’ dog’s incredible recovery” on August 15, 2019.

Article republished on the Geelong Advertiser and The West Australian.

 

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!