Bullie’s Story: Bones and a Bottle Cap

Bullie’s Story: Bones and a Bottle Cap

One morning, Bullie’s owners found little their 15-week-old Bull Terrier snacking on a cooked rib bone. Suddenly, he swallowed it whole, in one gulp! The family rushed him to Animal Emergency Service immediately. Dr Brooke quickly took x-rays to see if the bone...
Wrong catch of the day

Wrong catch of the day

Anglers are being urged not to leave their hooks lying around after a beloved family pet was injured after swallowing one on a walk. Channel 7 News recently followed the story of poor Henry who swallowed a discarded hook before being rushed to Animal Emergency Service...
Many pets receiving treatment after Christmas

Many pets receiving treatment after Christmas

Channel 7 News saw first hand how busy the holiday period can be for vets. Here at Animal Emergency Service in Carrara, we saw a major increase in cases over the Christmas and New Year’s period. See the full report on 7News’ Facebook page here
Get to know Natalie Hunt of the Pet ICU

Get to know Natalie Hunt of the Pet ICU

The Pet I.C.U is very proud that our staff members feel more like a family than co-workers. We want you to be a part of that family as well. To help you get to know us a bit better, please meet one of our amazing vet nurses, Natalie Hunt.  Name: Natalie Position: ICU...