Leo: Dangerous Chew Toys

Leo: Dangerous Chew Toys

Leo almost bit off more than he could chew… or rather, got stuck in it instead! The four-year-old poodle arrived at our Tanawha hospital one Sunday night after getting his tongue jammed in his piggy chew toy. Leo’s parents were very quick to rush him to us which was...
Harvey the Tabby: Paralysis Tick

Harvey the Tabby: Paralysis Tick

One Saturday evening tabby cat Harvey began wheezing and meowing ever so strangely. On Sunday morning, he appeared to have difficulty breathing and was uninterested in food. By Sunday evening, worried owner Dennis noticed that he hadn’t moved all day, collapsed...
Bullie’s Story: Bones and a Bottle Cap

Bullie’s Story: Bones and a Bottle Cap

One morning, Bullie’s owners found little their 15-week-old Bull Terrier snacking on a cooked rib bone. Suddenly, he swallowed it whole, in one gulp! The family rushed him to Animal Emergency Service immediately. Dr Brooke quickly took x-rays to see if the bone...
Sushi: The Importance of Regular Vet Checks

Sushi: The Importance of Regular Vet Checks

Meet Sushi, a fierce young feline with a gorgeous coat of fur and a perfectly scrumptious name. Sushi visited her vet for a routine dental and groom. Being a young adult cat, she was seemingly healthy and normal as one would expect. Thankfully she has regular vet...
Grass Seeds Pandemonium

Grass Seeds Pandemonium

Meet Panda. Panda presented to Animal Emergency Service at Carrara one weekend with acute back pain and elevated temperature. He had no previous history of spinal issues that could potentially bring on these problems and with further testing (x-rays and bloods) still,...