Tennis balls are one of the most commonly used toys to play fetch, they are also one of the most dangerous.

Animal Emergency Service’s Dr Alex Hynes recalls a case where Onyx the Beaudesert German Shepherd who had a tennis ball lodged in her throat.

There is a very small window of time to get your pup to a vet and unblock their airways. Often this window is missed, and the restricted airway can cause suffocation and turn fatal.

Luckily for Onxy, there was a small hole in the tennis ball that allowed her owner enough time to get her to AES where the ball was removed.

Article originally posted as ‘Vet warns of toy danger for dogs’

Find the full story on the Courier Mail here

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!