Pet Intensive Care Unit (PetICU) is one of Australia’s leading emergency and critical care referral specialist centres. The hospital is equipped with full in-house laboratory including blood gas analysis, digital X-Ray, ultrasound, endoscopy and on site access to MRI. PICU provides world class treatment for critical patients.
Our experienced team of veterinarians, veterinary technicians, nurses and support team members are committed to delivering high quality veterinary medicine and go ld standard patient care.
We are expanding our nursing team and have casual positions available at our Brisbane hospital in Underwood. We are seeking experienced and motivated nurses who wish to expand their skills or are seeking a high-level nursing role, with the flexibility over 24 hour, 7 days a week (including public holidays) practice offers.
Reporting to the PICU Managers and Veterinary team, the primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Performing specialised, high quality veterinary nursing care for critical patients (acute and chronic cases). The case load is very varied and includes, but is not limited to, severe trauma, complex medical and surgical cases and mechanical ventilation.
- To develop excellent relationships with both clients (case updates) and veterinarians.
- To work within the PICU department as a team member providing advanced diagnostics and treatment.
- To ensure the hospital offers excellent customer service to its clients and optimum care to the patient.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Certificate 4 in Veterinary Nursing or Bachelor of Veterinary Technology & a minimum of 4 years nursing experience is essential.
- Experience and a keen interest in performing high quality veterinary nursing care for critical patients (acute and chronic cases).
- Demonstrated experience in severe trauma and complex medical and surgical cases.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of mechanical ventilation.
- A passion for providing excellent patient care and a drive for continuing education
- Outstanding relationship building skills and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- The ability to do shift work over a 24- hour roster, including weekends and public holidays.
Rarely in this industry do you have the opportunity to work in such rapidly growing, one of a kind purpose built facility, with all the latest ‘toys’ to play with. You will become part of an energised team receiving ongoing training to ensure diverse and best practice skill sets.
Attractive remuneration packages are commensurate with experience, qualifications and availability.
If you are a highly-motivated person, you work well as part of a team, with an interest in emergency and critical care, please email your resume and covering letter to: email@example.com quoting reference number ICVN1806.
Please advise in your covering letter your availability of working shifts that are rostered across a 24-hour day, 7 days a week, including weekends and public holidays.